Thursday, December 27, 2007

iPhone and Google Calendar Synchronoization

I suppose the best place to start this new blog would be to talk about my new love in life. http://www.apple.com/iphone/ She's a beaut.



Now that I am four days into this relationship, I have managed to give the iPhone a thorough run through. Now I must also say that I am a big Google fanboy. Perhaps it is the small ownership that I have in the company, but I happen to love their products. The recent update that they made http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2007/12/google-on-iphone-fast-and-fluid.html works very well on the iPhone. The only drawback that I have come too is the lack of integration with Google Calendar. Sure you can see your events, and do a Quick Add, but that is where the features stop.



After browsing the internet for an evening, and trying different setups, I have settled on SyncMyCal. Now it does not allow you too directly sync the Google Calendar with the iPhone, but it does allow for Downloading/Uploading calendar events with Outlook (which does directly synch with the iPhone).



Multiple synchronizations are not the most efficient, but so far I have found this method to work. It even allows you to manage multiple calenders.

2 comments:

Funkgeek said...

Okay, so seeing your name pop up in my Google Reader really freaked me out.

Anonymous said...

Boy, the commenter above sounds like he should be a team lead somewhere.